Wednesday 20 April 2011

Meet the Team - meet the Director

Our director Derek and his wife

In the first of our exciting series of posts - here's Derek Gallimore, director of Boutique London Lets on his job, why he loves London and his top tips for guests. 

How long have you worked for Boutique London Lets? 
Since the beginning - April 2009.

What would your perfect London day be?
I love London's South Bank and the West End.  I regularly spend the mornings walking through the markets along the South Bank and having brunch. Then I walk across the Thames and head into the West End for more shopping, coffees and theatre excitement.

What is a typical day like for you?
Hectic!  I mainly manage online, marketing and admin aspects. We are expanding at the moment, so it seems that every minute is filled with new products and developing services. We are trying to be the best in the market, so that means we're always trying out new ideas. 

If you could rent anything for a week what would you rent?
Probably a penthouse apartment high on top of a building in New York! You can get fabulous apartments all over the world and experience the best of that place or city. 

What kind of tourist are you?
I'm fairly laid back.  I loved travelling the world and going to all of the most obscure destinations. More recently though I see my travels as a great way to relax and really luxuriate. 

What tips would you give to Boutique London Lets guests? 
Book early, and keep an eye on our website for the latest specials.  In London, I would suggest going to the Tate Modern gallery in Southwark, and also trying a real local pub.  They are, or certainly were, the heart of old London. 

No comments:

Post a Comment